Saturday, August 22, 2015

Keep Your Eye Out For The Good

In a season of much doubt and questioning, God has proved that He's so present in my life. I touched on this a few days ago, but wow is He showing me that He's here through the people around me.

Today, unfortunately, I found out that my uncle has stage 4 lung cancer. My mom is having a really hard time with it, understandably of course, but when she broke down when she found out I felt so helpless. There was nothing I could say or do to make her feel better so I just hugged her and made sure she kept breathing.

Today was one of my best friends' birthdays, well I mean I guess it's yesterday now, but we went out to dinner. There were eight of us in total, seven kids and our YoungLife leader which is one our best friends/motherly figures/role models.

Half way through dinner, Gabby (the friend whose birthday it was) said "Hey let's play a game. We're going to go through each person at the table and everyone is going to complement them."

Let me tell you, if you've never done this before, I highly suggest it. Things get real deep real fast.

But tonight, we were able to share the appreciate and admiration we have for each other and it really was such an amazing experience. God's love was there. It was so so present in each of the girls I was
with.

After this dinner, I'm left feeling like everything's going to be okay. Like all is well.

When I feel like He's not there and that things are going to shit, He comes through. He shows me I'm loved. He shows me I'm appreciated. He shows me I am helpful, kind, and making an impact on the lives around me.

God is so so good, all the time, even when we don't realize it.

Thanks for watching out for me, God, and for making sure I know the truth and thank you for putting people in my life that are more than willing to share it with me.

"You don't have to be silent in the midst of the storm, just know you're with the one that calms them." Chris Durso

Please, if you have the opportunity, keep my uncle in your prayers.

And if you have time, I strongly suggest checking out Gabby's blog ( chasing--light.blogspot.com ) all about her journey and the things she's learning along the way.

Thanks for reading and good night/morning. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment