Tuesday, August 11, 2015

All You Need Is Love

One of the things that I struggle with the most is God's love. I mean, I know He loves me. He gave His son up for US. All of us, including myself. And I know He's been on my side working in my favor since before I was even a thought in my parents' head, but it's hard to FEEL like He loves me.

It's almost like when you feel starving and you finally start eating. Your mouth knows you're being fed but the food hasn't digested so your stomach thinks you're still in starving mode. My mind in this case would be my mouth and my heart would be my stomach. Maybe I just haven't processed it yet.

Last night at YoungLife, we went over the parable of the Prodigal Son (story of a son who asks for his inheritance to go to a more desirable far away land and once he gets there goes poor. He comes back home only to be welcomed by his father running out to meet him), which led us to discuss what our far away lands are or the things that are fighting to lead us off of the path with God.

Once we went around in a circle talking about what they were for each of us, one of the leaders said that part of the reason that girls choose paths without God is because they want to feel loved. So at the very end of the talk, the other leader prayed that us girls begin to feel God's love for us. We walked out of the room only to find one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen (Photo found below)

It's said that God's creation is His way of showing us He loves us so I was so mind blown.

He works in such amazing ways.

Then, today I was reading my devotional and it was also about His love. Yet another one of those crazy things. He seems to make everything line up.

It said, "Coming close to Me requires no great effort on your part; it is more like ceasing to resist the magnetic pull of My Love. Open yourself up to My loving Presence, so that I may fill you with My fullness. I want you to experience how wide and long and high and deep is My Love for you, so that you can know My Love that surpasses knowledge. This vast ocean of Love cannot be measured or explained, but it can be experienced."

We're never going to understand how much He loves us, but what we can do is look at each beautiful creation, whether it be a sunset, an ocean, a friend who shows us what it's like to feel loved and remember that these are signs that He loves us. He's giving us things to be in awe over.

"Could God speak to me audibly if He wanted to? You bet, and I hope He does sometime; I'll let you know. Probably in a book called God Talked to Me. Until then, it seems that what God does most of the time when He has something to say is this... He doesn't pass us messages, instead He passes us each other." Love Does by Bob Goff

I'm working on trying to process all of this still and it's so so okay if you are, too. Try and pray that He shows you His love and He just might come through like he always does.

Love ya'll

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5

"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16





No comments:

Post a Comment