Friday, February 5, 2016

People Probably Think I'm Crazy

I have this irrational fear of being warm when it's cold outside. I rub my ears when I'm tired. I chew the insides of my mouth. I have this odd nervousness around food to where some days I can't sit at a dinner table because it makes me so uncomfortable. I shake a lot when I'm even the smallest bit of cold or when I'm nervous. I can't sleep without MY pillow. I pick my arms when I get stressed out and it leaves scabs sometimes. I repress my emotions often. 

These are all things about me that are 100% true and I know they're irrational and weird and some of them make me seem crazy, but they're real. 

We all have our own little quirks, fears, whatever you want to call them. We all deal with things differently and lately I've just realized how important it is to just let people be when they're having their moments. Being a psychology major, I'm learning how much EVERYTHING impacts the way we have developed and the way we think. We are all the way we are because of every single experience and every single person in our life, so it's not exactly a choice for us to be terrified of the ocean or to not don't deal with stress easily. 

Basically, what I'm saying is try to put yourself in others' shoes. When you see someone on the bus doing something you would consider weird, just shrug it off and let them be. Or when someone doesn't cope with things the same as you, if they don't feel the same emotions as you in a certain situation, understand that they are that way for a reason and they have the right to deal with things differently. Don't give them dirty looks, don't stare, don't question them. Just let them be because chances are, they don't want to feel or act that way either and you don't want to make them feel worse about. Understanding and patience goes a long way. Trust me. 

That's just something that's been on my mind a lot lately and wanted to get it out. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful day and that something really wonderful happens! 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment