Monday, February 29, 2016

Life Update

I've been told for years that I should go to counseling/therapy/whatever you want to call it. When I was in seventh grade my mom made me an appointment and I cried until she promised me she'd cancel it. This happened again in ninth grade. This is me proudly announcing that I have finally made an appointment to start going. I'm honestly extremely terrified to have to share my feelings with someone I know nothing about, but once it's past that part I've heard it's super helpful.

ALSO, praying out loud makes me want to crawl into a hole or melt into a little puddle. Why? I have no idea. BUT, last night I prayed out loud and afterwards was told that's the most confident my friend and team leader for YoungLife has heard me pray. Makes me feel like I'm actually growing, ya know? Other people can always see how much progress we're making from an outside perspective but we're the same person so all we see is the behaviors that are still the same, the personality characteristics that are still the same, etc. It was really nice to feel like someone was proud of me for something small like that.

Today, I'm feeling quite a bit anxious knowing that I need to show up to that appointment, but I know that they're there to help me and that I'm not the only person who has been nervous before showing up. I'm just thankful that I have the ability and opportunity to do this because I know a lot of people are battling things inside their heads but can't afford it, aren't allowed to, etc.

Thanks for listening to my little update and I hope y'all have a wonderful day filled with lots of peace, laughter, and down time for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment