Monday, September 7, 2015

A Brand New View

First and foremost, HAPPY LABOR DAY!

Second, for the holiday weekend, my family and I went out of town to Palm Springs which is a couple hours away from home. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. It's just a different kind of beautiful. Lately, I've been really interested in forests after experiencing YoungLife camp in Williams, Arizona. The camp sits on a mountain in the middle of a forest and it was the first time I had ever really seen a full on real one so since then I've been kind of biased towards them. 

But Palm Springs, even though I've been many times, showed me a new kind of beauty. 

I think this is a perfect example of how much your perspective changes when you begin following Jesus and realizing all that God has done for you.

I saw a gorgeous sunset, palm trees, flamingos, and today on the way home I saw the most beautiful clouds I've ever seen. That all left me thinking. 

God created all of that. ALL of it. For me. For you. For all of us. And it's so mind-blowing to think that WE are God's masterpiece, his greatest creation. (Genesis 1:26-27 when it says we are made in God's image and Ephesians 2:10 NLV)

I looked out of the window just staring at the clouds and the mountains around and I think I was able to feel God's love for the first time in a while. It was overwhelming. 

The devotional Jesus Calling from September 5, said that He is our best friend. I talked a little about this with my friend. If you think about all of the time you spend speaking to your best friend or talking about her/him, are you spending that much time talking to/about God and Jesus to those around you?

To be honest, I haven't been spending NEARLY as much time with God as with my friends. But I do know something... 

This journey, it's something that I want more than anything in my life right now. I want to build a stronger relationship and dive in deeper. I want to build community and learn about the life Jesus lived. I want to trust God with everything. I want to love others. I want to give. I want to mentor others. I want to share the story I have, although it's not much of one, to those who need to hear it. 

This is a process, it takes discipline and it takes support. Find some friends who want to walk with you and will encourage you along the way. Find people who push you towards God when you don't want any part of it. You are NEVER alone in this journey, always remember that.

You've got this. Keep pushing, keep learning, and keep wanting it more than anything you've ever wanted before. 

Have a great day.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment