Friday, January 20, 2017

With Them

Today is a weird and eery day. First off it's raining. Like pouring. And second, as you knew I was going to say, it's the inauguration.

Today is filled with fear and anger from so many, as seen through the breaking of shop windows in DC. I want to acknowledge the many that are probably thinking get over it, he's our president whether you like it or not, destroying things is not the answer. These people are desperate and angry. The system that was supposed to help this country succeed, is the one that has brought us to our breaking point.

This is a difficult time for many. For those who are underrepresented and their allies. For the people who had hope for complete equality. For many. So on this day, whether you don't support Trump or you do, it's a time to be with those who are scared. To provide them with resources they may need, hugs, a kind word or two. For those who aren't directly affected, it may feel like no change. But for others, this is a huge deal.

For the hurting: I am with you. I hear you. I support you. I love you.


Be there for them. Things are hard. Life is hard. Be with them. Stand with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment