Monday, January 16, 2017

A Little Bit of Hope and a Whole Lot of Patience

There's not much in this life that you can guarantee. There's not much consistency or predictability, which can be really frustrating, and for a control freak like me? Oh boy, that's a tough one.

I'm not crazy wise or creative, but I have lived for 19 years, and learned that the two keys to survival are a little bit hope and patience.

When life gets hard and things feel unbearable, the only things that can really keep me going are a little bit of hope that things won't last like that forever, and patience until it changes. Not long ago, my little bit of hope was the fact that my brother got into a university he really wanted to go to and I wanted to be there to see him succeed. And patience was waiting out circumstances until things became a little easier.

I don't know you, I don't know your life or story, but I do know what has helped me. I believe that I was put on this earth to help others heal, and by sharing what's worked for me, I feel like I'm doing what I can with the knowledge that I have right now.

When you feel like you can't anymore, find something, a person, a day, a hobby, that you can look forward to or hold onto. Then, wait. Waiting is hard but keep on keeping on. It won't last forever.

Thanks for reading, and for being you, ya doll.

Much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment