Friday, May 20, 2016

you

Dear you,

It's been a while but I still think of you all the time. I dream about you often, too.

I know times can be tough, and it can feel like the world is against you, but I want you to know that when it feels like everyone has forgotten the way you laugh and how your eyes get really small when you smile for real, I remember. I remember you. I remember your hugs and the way you dressed.

When it feels like the world is against you, for all I know it may be. But what i really need you to know is that while everything else is, i'm standing next to you.

When it feels like the world is against you, remember that your voice has helped to calm the storm in my head. Your hug has given me purpose. You have given me hope.



Keep hanging on.

Ya got a lot of fight left in ya, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment